Thursday, October 31, 2013

Painter Leonid Afremov


Leonid Afremov

Leonid Afremov is my one of favorite painters. I respect him because of his dynami use of colors, but has a calming touch. I love his art because I can feel the warmness from all of his artwork. I also respect him because he uses a palette-knife which he mastered using for 10 years instead of using regular brushes. Since 1995, he has made about 4000 paintings which are usually landscapes, seascapes, cityscapes, and portraits of musician.

Afremov was born in Belarus in 1955. He started painting when he was seven years old. Later on, he took painting class in high school. Even though he was trained more to be a teacher than an artist during his college years, he built up his painting skills with oil and participated in various exhibitions since 1977. After he moved to Israel in 1990 for a advertising painting job, his paintings became brighter, lighter, and joyous.